Friday, August 14, 2009

Day 14 - Crepe-ity, Crap, Crap, Cra.


Today we woke up and went to the Musee de Tokyo (modern art). Personally I thought it was terrible. The permanent collection was boring, and I thought the actual museum was crap and not well kept. Not everything was bad, but overall I’ve just seen better museums. Maybe I was just hungry? Speaking of being hungry, we bought crepes, peaches, ricotta cheese, and rice pudding for lunch. Delish. We went to the Louvre Gardens to assemble our crepes, and it was very nice. While sitting in the park we watched the pigeons and saw a couple rats playing in the bushes. The Louvre is huge! I didn’t realize how big it was. The Louvre is closed on Tuesdays so we didn’t get to visit inside it yet. On the way back to the loft, we went by the Moulin Rouge and all the sex stores again and took some photos. For dinner we made a quiche-like dish with potatoes, onion, egg, and cheese with our left over crepes! YUM again! That evening we talked to Florence some more. She was supposed to see her boyfriend, but wasn’t going to be able to anymore because he was stuck at work. She talked to us about her boyfriend problems… I decided we should go out for a drink. I also had wanted to take photos of all the flashy sexy time stores. The bar she took us to was kind of cool. It is open from 8pm to 8am. We bought some ridiculously expensive drinks there. Like a gin and tonic, cranberry vodka, and a shot of rum was 22€. Oh my god and the drinks kind of sucked. Not strong at all and small, I think the kid bartender fucked us. We bought the first round and Florence bought the second round. She convinced us to try a shot of flavored run. They add banana or vanilla or ginger to a bottle of rum with sugar. I got vanilla which is what Florence was drinking and David got ginger. It was pretty good. Nothing like what we have in the states. We came back a little drunk and went to sleep!

One of the things we forgot to write about was that, after camping, I had a couple ticks. Apparently I attract ticks and David gets poison ivy. Fun. I found one on my leg the first evening in the hotel in Amiens. I then found one on my arm the next day at the grocery store. After that we decided that we need to groom each other like monkeys which is exactly what we did! David found another on my back immediately. He then tried to use the trick that he dad taught him which is to heat up a pair of tweezers and pull it out. It might of worked really well, but I flinched and it "exploded" as David said. There was actually even a pop. Gross. Then he had to get the rest out of my back with the tweezers, which he let cool, and a needle.

No comments:

Post a Comment